The importers and manufacturers are liable for the payment of the remuneration
The private copying remuneration is to be paid when products that are to a significant extent used for private copying, are imported.
Domestic manufacturers of products subject to the private copying remuneration are also required to pay the remuneration. Importers and manufacturers have an obligation to give Teosto´s Private Copying Unit the necessary information for invoicing.
|These products include:|
- recordable CD-, DVD-, Blu-ray- and MiniDisc-discs
- recordable VHS- and C-cassettes
- external hard disks
- digital audio- and video recorders with integrated storage capacity (such as mp3-recorders and set-top-boxes with hard disks)
There are currently two procedures in place for reporting the imported products to the Private Copying Unit.
Batch-by-batch reporting means that the importer reports every imported batch separately, and the invoicing is based on the amount of imported products. Download the form for Notification of import>
If you are interested in concluding an agreement, please contact our customer service >
|Alternatively, the importers/manufacturers have the possibility for Monthly reporting, by concluding an agreement with Private Copying Unit. The benefits of the agreement-based reporting scheme are the following:|
- The agreement provides that the reports are done once per month instead of reporting each imported batch individually)
- The compensation is collected based on sold products (instead of imported batch), giving the seller more flexibility